Founded in Florence in 1860 as a workshop, shop and school of
watch-making for many decades Panerai supplied the Italian Navy specialist
diving corps with precision instruments. Originally created to be used deep
underwater, Panerai watches are known for their unparalleled legibility and
luminosity in the dark. In 1997 the brand was acquired by the Richemont Group
and launched on the international market. Today Panerai develops and crafts its
movements and watches at its Neuchâtel manufacture, combining Italian design
flair and history with Swiss horological expertise.
Panerai watches are available at Gilson Jewellers in Knokke.